Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Me and Being A Whale

I was never the kind of person who's very existence cringe about being thin. I'm never self-conscious about the way I look the way I carry myself or even my health. I eat whatever i like, in whatever amount i please and never give a heck about what others would think of me. Well, 26 years and on and i'm still very much the same person except that i'm now married with a spouse that have a 180 degree conflicting personality with me and most importantly on the virtues of leading a healthy life.

Because of the increasing size of my body, those flabby fatness stuck under the belly is often misconstrued by others of a living fetus, that's enlarging and will explode in due time.

Although I kept telling the lot I'm not pregnant and the belly bump is purely of fat, they just don't buy it. I reckon because of the fact i just got married, and it's pretty much a custom or tradition of some sort that you should be impregnated by now (it's been 6 months since i tied the knot)

Talk about pressure. The more you keep denying it, another misconception occurs. The hubby or I are incompetent of doing it! or something you know...some lot even have the audacity to asked me (shockingly in a very casual way), "you do know how to do 'it' don't you?" My replied would be, hell yeah, Do you want me to show ya?

Which leads me to another breaking point that I just had to make it known to the lot (including my family) that, "No, I',m not pregnant because we're using rubber!" and that folks, definitely a mouth shutter.

Now I know how it feels like to be Datuk Siti Nurhaliza, when people kept badgering the same sensitive question. I mean people can be mean and just unbelievable. First there's the flickery exciting eyes when they popped the question and when the answer is no (though you answered them wholeheartedly with jollyness) they'd pressed on and this time around woth a sympathetic look that you're a beginner of a 69 do or any other Kamasutra style for that matter.

Hubby and I chose not to have any baby in the near future; I most certainly don't have any intention to do so either. Apart from a rocky career as reason, there's the "I'm on a quest and yet to fulfill my dream thingy" as reason.

Thus, we're very happy with the two of us and just can't help but to wonder what the heck is the trouble if we're not having a child. Is not them that have to be a whale and go through contractions and labor pain. But then again, I'm already looking like a whale now even though I'm not carrying a baby inside of me, one would wonders now how much more of a whale would i be if i am indeed pregnant? Just have to wait and see till that magic happens. I'm not at all fretting about this, it's kinda funny actually.

For now, me is doing wonderful being married. Besides waking up in the morning with another person sharing the other half of the bed, I have a buddy to nag, annoy, sulk and cuddle to whenever and will get respond immediately. Apart from the aforementioned. the rest of my routine is pretty much the same like being single. I do still wake up very late whenever possible. In fact hubby even joke to my family that until i learned to wake up early, we won't have any baby. He said, if not his baby will die of starvation because mummy is busy sleeping. FYI: i sleep like a rock. It's almost impossible to wake me even with a loud bang right at my eardrums. A trait i'm not proud of course. But just can't help it. Must have been the job i'm having right now. It's very unhealhty. (at this point of writing, the hubby is sound asleep as usual although is only 1200 pm while i'm doing what i enjoy best blabbing with no real purpose in front of the computer)

No comments: